Do you manage a facility that staffs nurses, therapists, pharmacists or other clinical professionals? If so, and you’re not currently utilizing a healthcare staffing agency to find the best possible candidates in the shortest amount of time, you may be missing out on some highly useful benefits.
The fact is, agencies have become essential tools to streamline hiring and reduce administrative effort. At the same time, they help you find the best possible candidates for your needs — indeed, with leading healthcare staffing agencies, you get workers who are fully licensed, highly motivated, and ready to work from day one, requiring little to no catch-up time.
In past decades, partnering with an agency wasn’t considered necessary. After all, it was often easy enough to find qualified nurses and clinicians in your local area, even for facilities not based in larger urban areas. But times have changed. As the clinical job market has become more competitive, the benefits of healthcare staffing agencies have also increased.
And that’s just the beginning: From offering new levels of flexibility and scalability to providing a nationwide roster of top clinical talent, here are seven benefits of partnering with a healthcare staffing agency.
7 Key Benefits Offered By Healthcare Staffing Agencies
1. Access to more qualified candidates. Qualified nurses and clinicians are in demand nationwide, and in many areas, they can pick and choose their opportunities with ease. As such, more and more choose to sign up with healthcare staffing agencies with a reputation for offering competitive pay, great benefits and a huge variety of opportunities.
When you partner with an established agency with a nationwide roster of healthcare candidates, you’re getting access to the cream of the crop — i.e., nurses, therapists, pharmacists and other clinicians who likely pay little attention to standard job boards and instead rely upon an agency to send opportunities their way.
2. A larger pool of professionals. The access to top-notch healthcare professionals you get with a leading healthcare staffing agency isn’t just in your immediate vicinity, either — it’s nationwide. Partnering with an agency that offers traveling nurses and clinicians gives you immediate access to top talent across the U.S., which is particularly useful if your local labor pool is somewhat limited.
3. Greater flexibility. Are you looking for permanent staff or a temporary replacement? Do you need a roster of on-call nurses for on-call availability, or a seasoned physical therapist to lead your team? A key benefit offered by healthcare staffing agencies is the ability to fill a variety of job needs from the convenience of a single partner.
4. Reducing administrative hassle. Leading healthcare staffing agencies not only offer access to a nationwide network of highly qualified candidates, but they can also streamline the process for selecting and onboarding those candidates. The result is that your staff spends less time with the most burdensome aspects of hiring, like sorting through applications and arranging interviews.
On top of that, many agencies offer the option to upgrade to managed services programs (MSPs) to save even more time by automating processes like contract management, invoicing, reporting, and others.
5. Less training, more productivity. Because healthcare staffing agencies succeed on the quality of the professionals they provide, they ensure that each nurse, therapist and clinician they offer is fully screened, qualified and credentialed before beginning a position.
That means that the candidates you recruit arrive at the time you need them, ready to work and fully knowledgeable about the policies and procedures of your specific facility. The result is less time spent on on-the-job training and more productivity per each professional you employ.
6. Reliability and around-the-clock support. Sometimes it’s hard to predict just when you’ll need additional clinical staff. Seasonal surges in utilization aren’t always consistent — some flu seasons are more severe than others, for instance, and it’s difficult to know just how hard you’ll be hit until you’re in the thick of things. And your staff can be affected by those same illnesses, causing even more shortages.
The result is a greater need for a roster of on-call clinical staff who are always ready. Healthcare staffing agencies give you that access, along with a larger pool of skilled workers — including, potentially, nurses or clinicians who have already worked assignments with you, and are ready to jump right in. To top it off, most leading agencies have 24/7 support, giving you the option to call in help any time you need it.
7. A partner to meet your operational goals. Finally, a dedicated healthcare staffing agency can do more than help you stay fully staffed with the best possible candidates at all times. A truly comprehensive partner can also help you meet your larger operational goals like improving staff retention, reporting and cost effectiveness with advanced workforce management tools.
- Take a deeper dive: How to meet your operational goals with healthcare workforce management
Partner With The Nation’s Leading Healthcare Staffing Agency
Interested in learning more about how partnering with an agency like CareerStaff can help you realize your staffing goals? Whether you manage a hospital or rehab clinic, a school, correctional facility, or any other site that requires on high-quality nurses, therapists, pharmacists and clinicians, our nationwide network of healthcare professionals can help you meet your goals — and then some.
Don’t wait until it’s too late: To learn more about our healthcare staffing services, call us at 972-812-3200, email us at mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us online.