The healthcare industry has faced unprecedented challenges since the arrival of COVID-19 in the United States in 2020, including changing hiring strategies and labor market trends. Almost four years later reveals an ongoing impact of those post-pandemic work trends.
However, in the face of ongoing shortages and surging expenses, how can facility leaders attract and retain the critical workforce needed to optimize healthcare delivery?
CareerStaff’s new guide take an in-depth look into the post-pandemic work trends that matter for healthcare leaders. From nurses’ rising hourly wages to the states with the highest shortages, uncover the largest challenges with healthcare hiring and balancing a workforce budget. Uncover detailed insights and critical action items for healthcare employers in this transformative landscape!
Discover Key Post-Pandemic Work Trends in Healthcare
For healthcare facilities, it’s essential to stay ahead of the curve in hiring top talent. However, even after the pandemic, facilities continue to face a new set of unique workforce challenges.
Some key trends include almost a million nurses leaving the workforce during Covid-19. As a result, the average age of both RNs and LPNs are now lower, creating new challenges in attracting a new generation of healthcare talent.
Additionally, the average salary for a clinical worker rose by almost 10% during that time — including therapists, techs and nurses.
CareerStaff’s guide for healthcare employers encompasses these labor market trends and much more. Discover essential post-pandemic work trends and insights, like:
- The most in-demand nursing specialties for employers, from Long-Term Care to Med/Surg.
- The staggering healthcare pay rates years into the pandemic.
- The current rate of pay of travel nurses receive — and how fast that rate continues to grow.
- Nurse burnout and disengagement trends.
- The states currently facing the most serious nursing shortages.
But that’s not all. We also offer a rundown of what employers can — and should — do today to cope with these challenges. Download our guide today for details on how to:
- Improve your facility’s ability to attract and retain talented workers.
- Speed up sourcing and hiring with the right partnerships.
- Take the steps to offer a culture that rewards, engages and retains workers.
- Expand career development opportunities to improve not just appeal but clinical skills.
- Improve flexibility by offering remote work options for certain clinical roles.
- Use referrals to find better candidates while boosting staff morale.
- Apply technology to create a far more efficient and effective hiring process, and more.
Adapt to New Healthcare Labor Market Trends with CareerStaff
Every healthcare leader understands that there are significant challenges, and opportunities, in the current crop of post-pandemic work trends. And with more than 30 years of expertise, CareerStaff can deliver the experience, expertise and resources for healthcare employers to stay ahead of the curve.
Are you ready to boost the efficiency and effectiveness of your workforce to better meet your goals? We can help! Contact us today to learn more about how our healthcare staffing and workforce solutions can help your organization. Or simply take a deep dive into our expertise by downloading our new infographic on post-pandemic work trends today.