Thanksgiving is an opportunity to give back and recognize those who make our lives better. Nurses work on the frontlines to keep our communities healthy, often going above and beyond to provide care. So, as we sit down to gather with loved ones, let’s thank the heroes who truly make a difference by sharing thank you quotes for nurses and healthcare workers.
As a leading provider of healthcare jobs nationwide, when we say who we’re grateful for this year, nurses and healthcare workers take the #1 spot. Explore ways to show nursing appreciation this holiday season and beyond with these quotes!
Why Celebrate Healthcare Workers — Especially During the Holidays?
Why share thank you quotes for nurses? Here are a few reasons and reminders to reach out and thank the healthcare workers in your community this holiday season:
They Sacrifice Time with Their Family to Help Yours.
Many nurses work nights, weekends, and holiday shifts. While most of us are home, they spend this time of year caring for their patients. Your small expressions of gratitude can mean everything, especially during the holidays.
They Provide More Than Just Healthcare.
Nurses are responsible for assisting with medical needs. Still, they take it upon themselves to provide for their patients’ human needs. They care for the patient as an individual, helping them feel seen, heard, and comforted.
They’re Patient Advocates.
Nurses are the voice of patients! They step up and speak up, fighting for quality treatment of their patients.
Thank You Quotes: How Do You Show Appreciation to Fellow Nurses?
Showing gratitude for nurses can be easy, from sharing a holiday gift, a kind gesture, or a simple “thank you.” Share these thank you quotes for healthcare workers on social media or deliver them in a card to show how much you care.
Thank You Quotes Nurses Will Love: Their Impact
Nurses dispense comfort, compassion, and caring without even a prescription.– Val Saintsbury
Want to remind nurses of their incredible impact? Here are thank you quotes nurses will love to hear:
- “As a nurse we have the opportunity to heal the mind, soul, heart, and body of our patients. They may forget your name, but they will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
- “Remember, nurses are like icebergs. At any one time, you are only seeing what they are actually doing.” – Ian Miller
- “It would not be possible to praise nurses too highly.” – Stephen Ambrose
- “Save one life, you’re a hero. Save a hundred lives, you’re a nurse.” – Unknown
- “Nurses—one of the few blessings of being ill.” – Sara Moss-Wolfe
- “Constant attention by a good nurse may be just as important as a major operation by a surgeon.” – Dag Hammarskjold
- “A nurse will always give us hope, an angel with a stethoscope.” – Carrie Latet
- “Nurses are always there; you care for us from the earliest years. You look after us in our happiest and saddest times. And for many, you look after us and our families at the end of our lives. Your dedication and professionalism are awe-inspiring.” – Duchess Kate Middleton
- “When I think about all the patients and their loved ones I have worked with over the years, I know most of them don’t remember me, nor I them. But I do know that I gave a little piece of myself to each of them, and they to me, and those threads make up the tapestry that is my career in nursing.” – Donna Wilk Cardillo
Thank You Quotes Nurses Will Love: Their Careers
Rejoice in your work; never lose sight of the nursing leader you are now and the nursing leader you will become.– Sue Fitzsimons
Want to give nurses a reminder of the power of their careers? Here are thank you quotes nurses will feel motivated by this season:
- “When a person decides to become a nurse, they make the most important decision of their lives. They choose to dedicate themselves to the care of others.” – Margaret Harvey
- “Nurses are the heart of healthcare.” – Donna Wilk Cardillo
- “The doctors may be mapping out the war games, but it is the nurses who make the conflict bearable. – Jodi Picoult
- “Nurse: just another word to describe a person strong enough to tolerate anything and soft enough to understand anyone.” – Brittany Wilson
- “Nursing is an art: and if it is to be made an art, it requires an exclusive devotion as hard a preparation, as any painter’s or sculptor’s work.” – Florence Nightingale
- “To do what nobody else will do, a way that nobody else can do, in spite of all we go through; is to be a nurse.” – Rawsi Williams
- “Most of all, you need moral courage because nursing is about the pursuit of justice. It requires you to stand up to bullies, to do things that are right but difficult, and to speak your mind even when you are afraid. I wasn’t strong like this when I started out. Nursing made me strong.” – Tilda Shalof
- “The longer I’m in the profession, the more experiences shape my life, the more amazing colleagues influence me, the more I see the micro and macro power of nursing.” – Joni Watson
- “Nurses are the hospitality of the hospital.” – Carrie Latet
- “Nurses encompasses an art, a humanistic orientation, a feeling for the value of the individual, and an intuitive sense of ethics, and of the appropriateness of action taken.” – Myrtle Aydelotte
Thank You Quotes for Healthcare Workers
A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.– Joseph Campbell
Looking for ways to show appreciation for all healthcare workers? Pass on these thank you quotes for healthcare workers this Thanksgiving:
- “The people who are on the front lines every day in hospitals, nurses, the people who are running clinics, the people who are taking care of your children, those are the people who are the lovers of the world, are the good of the world.” – Eve Ensler
- “Our fingerprints don’t fade from the lives we touch.” – Judy Blume
- “To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived, this is to have succeeded.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
- “You treat a disease: You win, you lose. You treat a person, I guarantee you win—no matter the outcome.” – Hunter Doherty “Patch” Adams
- “Wherever the art of Medicine is loved, there is also a love of Humanity.” — Hippocrates
- “Anybody who fights for human rights or to make this world a better place. Nurses, doctors, teachers: these are the people who deserve the credit these days.” – George Michael
Show Appreciation For Your Healthcare Career All Year Long
Nurses — we’re thankful for you all year round. You deserve to find healthcare jobs that meet your professional and personal goals, whether travel, per diem, contract, or local. And CareerStaff is here to help you do just that.
Start your search for top-paying nursing jobs with competitive benefits today, or quick apply below to connect with a dedicated recruiter. Happy Holidays!