This Valentine’s Day, show your fellow nurse or healthcare professionals some love with a gift as extraordinary as their care. Let’s celebrate their hard work and 24/7 passion for patient care! Get ready for unique nurse gift ideas and discounts on gifts for healthcare workers — and how to make them even more meaningful by speaking their ‘love language.’
Best Gifts for Nurses and Healthcare Workers
Looking for nurse Valentine gifts? From relaxation to motivation, here’s a list of gifts for healthcare workers to inspire you:
DIY Self-Care Kit
The best nurse Valentine gifts help remind your favorite healthcare workers to take care of themselves, too. Give them the gift of self-care with a DIY pampering kit, complete with face masks, bath bombs, and scented candles.
Give the gift of a small, easy-to-care-for houseplant to brighten up your fellow nurse’s home. Some research even suggests it might lift their mood and reduce stress!
Subscription to a Meal Kit Service
Make mealtime stress-free with a subscription to a meal kit delivery service that provides fresh ingredients and easy-to-follow recipes. They make some of the best gifts for healthcare workers.
Need inspiration? Find meal kit deals and discounts here!
Mindfulness and Relaxation App Subscription
Help your fellow nurse slow down, breathe in, and unwind. Pay for a month’s or year’s subscription to a meditation or relaxation app so they can tune in and take care.
Coffee Shop Gift Card
Looking for affordable gifts for healthcare workers? Snag a gift card for their favorite coffee shop close to their facility, even if it’s just for the price of their go-to drink. They’ll appreciate it on a day when they need an extra boost.
Ever read a book that left you feeling inspired? Pass it on with some of the best books for nurses or healthcare professionals! Give them an uplifting book they can enjoy and unwind with during their downtime.
If you’re looking for extra relaxing nurse Valentine gifts, give them the gift of a weighted blanket! It’s like a warm, relaxing hug that can provide some much-needed stress relief.
DIY Inspirational Quote Frame
Text the nurse in your life and ask for their favorite quote. Choose one, print it out, and frame it. Then, you’ll have one of the most heartfelt nurse Valentine gifts.
Tea or Coffee Sampler
Pick out a mug that matches your fellow nurse’s personality and fill it with a variety of soothing teas or energizing coffees.
Comfortable Nursing Shoes
For nurses, finding a comfortable pair of shoes is essential. If you have a brand of nursing shoes you love, consider gifting them a pair!
Massage or Spa Gift Certificate
Treat your fellow nurse to a spa day or a massage session so they can relax, recharge, and renew. They truly deserve it!
Relaxing Aromatherapy Kit
You can never go wrong with self-care-themed gifts for healthcare workers. Put together a collection of calming essential oils like lavender, peppermint, and eucalyptus so they can find their ‘inner zen’ after a busy shift.
Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle
Keep your fellow nurse energized and hydrated throughout their shift with a high-quality, durable water bottle — make it red or pink if you want to lean into the ‘nurse Valentine gifts’ theme!
How to Get Discounts on Gifts for Healthcare Workers
Want to save money when buying gifts for healthcare workers? As a fellow nurse or essential healthcare worker, you might just qualify for a long list of discounts — including 50% off Reebok and 30% off Adidas and ASICS!
Here’s how you can access deals on nurse Valentine gifts like these from hundreds of brands:
- Sign up for ID.me and/or Sheer ID to verify your healthcare worker status and browse deals specifically for nurses. These are the most common platforms brands use to confirm your eligibility and grant you major discounts.
Speak Their Love Language: Nurse Valentine Gifts with Meaning
Gifts mean even more when you speak their love language. A “love language” is simply the way each of us prefers to receive love, care, and appreciation.
For the ones who heal hearts and touch lives, here are gifts for healthcare workers in each of the five main love languages:
Words of Affirmation
These are the nurses and healthcare professionals who feel loved when you tell them how much you care:
- Give a heartfelt, handwritten note or letter with positive affirmations, expressing your gratitude for their dedication and hard work.
- Collect thank-you notes from colleagues and patients.
- Print out inspirational quotes for their home or workspace.
Acts of Service
Healthcare professionals or nurses with this love language feel appreciated when you help and serve them:
- Surprise them by bringing them lunch or cooking a meal after their nursing shift.
- Offer to help them with a task to lighten their workload.
- Arrange for a house cleaning service to give them a break from household chores.
Our list of nurse Valentine gifts is perfect for someone with this love language! Try to make sure the gift has special meaning:
- Gift a symbolic piece of jewelry, like a heart pendant or a stethoscope charm.
- Assemble a care package with their go-to snacks, self-care items, and a hand-written note.
- Surprise them with a gift, even after Valentine’s Day!
Some of the best gifts for healthcare workers are experiences. Those with this love language want to spend time with you:
- Plan a game or movie night to spend quality time together.
- Organize a relaxing spa day to relax together.
- Take them out to their favorite nearby cafe to catch up.
Those with this love language appreciate feelings of coziness and comfort:
- Gift them fuzzy socks, a weighted blanket, or soft pillow to cozy up with during their downtime.
- Find a high-quality heating or massage pad to help them warm up and relax.
The Best Gift: A Healthcare or Nursing Job You Love
The best gift of all? A job that supports your personal and professional goals. Whether it’s you or the nurse in your life, find local, travel, staff, and PRN healthcare jobs with great pay, benefits, and work-life balance with CareerStaff.
Get exclusive access to jobs that match your goals! Searching nursing and healthcare jobs nationwide, or Quick Apply below to get connected with a dedicated recruiter.