Attention all CareerStaff nurses, therapists, pharmacists, techs and other healthcare employees currently on assignment with us: We’re offering a special bonus of up to $225 for working holiday shifts through the New Year! Rules and restrictions apply; get all the details here.
For those of you who aren’t already on the CareerStaff team, or who aren’t currently on assignment with us, now is a great time to come aboard! Not only do you get a chance to earn a holiday bonus, but you’ll also be joining a nationwide employment network with thousands of jobs across the Unites States. If you’re a nurse or clinician seeking a new work opportunity this winter, chances are great that we’ve got an opportunity in your area. See for yourself: You can search all available jobs here.
And if you’re interested in working on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day, you’ll have more than a holiday bonus to look forward to. Working a shift on these special days offers its own rewards …
4 Reasons to Work a Holiday Shift with CareerStaff
1. An opportunity to help when it’s needed most. Particularly with our per diem nurses, working local holiday shifts is an amazing way to help those who need it most. And that includes not just the patients and families directly under your care, but also the other nurses and clinicians unable to work a holiday shift due to common issues like child care or family illness.
Of course, the need to help facilities and communities during the holiday season is heightened by the ongoing global pandemic. Many job opportunities include care for Covid-19 patients — look for “Covid” or “Crisis response” on our job search page. And rest assured that we CareerStaff take care of our workers! You can read all about our Covid-19 policies here.
2. A productive way to spend the holidays. Because of the disastrous spike in Covid-19 cases in recent weeks, many families have been forced to cancel plans to visit friends and family. Working a holiday shift can be a helpful way to deal with that situation while helping others (and earning some extra holiday spending cash, too).
For some nurses and clinicians, working holiday shifts can also be a way to deal with stress or loss by working in the service of others on an important day.
3. A chance to boost the family spirit at your local facility. For many CareerStaff nurses and clinicians, the people the work with quickly become their own special type of family. And especially for those missing the chance to visit loved ones because of the pandemic, that extended family can feel like its own type of home.
“My favorite memory working with CareerStaff would have to be the annual staff Christmas party hosted by one of our long-term contract facilities,” said Kacie, a CNA and a CareerStaff Clinician of the Month for July 2020.
“I’ve always enjoyed sitting across the table from my supervisors and having a good laugh,” she added. “For a moment, we are all just work family having a good time together. The family feeling is my favorite part about working for CareerStaff.”
“The family feeling is my favorite part about working for CareerStaff.”
4. Get a holiday bonus from CareerStaff!* At CareerStaff, we know that it can be hard to work a holiday shift, especially if doing so means temporarily leaving your loved ones at home. And we know how difficult and frightening it can be to work on the coronavirus front lines, as well. And we’re saluting your courage and your willingness to do so with a special holiday bonus.
How does it work? Work one of the holiday shifts listed below and you’ll take home a $50 bonus. Work two and you’ll earn an additional $75. And when you work your third holiday shift, you’ll earn another $100! You can earn up to a total of $225 in extra pay by working any three of these five holidays:
- Thanksgiving Day (November 26)
- Christmas Eve (December 24)
- Christmas Day (December 25)
- New Year’s Eve (December 31)
- New Year’s Day (January 1)
*Rules and restrictions apply; full details are available here.
Ready to Find Your Next Assignment?
Thanksgiving is almost upon us, and Christmas is close behind! If you don’t have an assignment lined up for this busy time of year, we can help connect you with a great opportunity close to home. You can get started by searching all available jobs here, or submitting a quick application here. Good luck, and happy holidays from CareerStaff!