Particularly for local or more modest-sized facilities, clinical staffing can be a challenge. The state of the healthcare workforce has never been more volatile, and the logistics of managing candidate recruitment and onboarding seem to grow more complex every year (if not every month).
There are a number of reasons for this. Nurses are feeling dissatisfaction with a career that often requires them to work multiple jobs. Smaller, tech-savvy startups are attracting more top-level healthcare staff than hospitals. CMS reimbursement is constantly fluctuating, making it difficult for clinicians to rely upon a consistent salary.
The result? Many regions are experiencing shortages in qualified personnel. And where shortages aren’t a problem, it can be hard to find top talent using the traditional methods of candidate recruitment.
If you manage or help administer a facility that employs clinicians, nurses or general healthcare workers — be it a hospital, clinic, school, rehab center, or many other — this likely comes as no surprise. Whether it’s retaining your top talent or staying fully staffed during the year’s busiest seasons, you’ve likely experienced firsthand the difficulty of achieving a fully staffed facility.
But what if you had access to one solution that solved all these challenges from a single source? When you turn to a healthcare workforce management specialist like CareerStaff, that’s exactly what you get. We specialize in providing a framework that automates the most time- and labor-intensive aspects of managing a functional workforce, including managers and clerical workers as well as clinicians.
Our fully scalable and customizable healthcare workforce solutions are designed to not only keep you staffed, but also to help you shore up other operational challenges, easing the burden of administration and letting your leaders focus on patient care. Here’s a rundown of a few other benefits you can expect in the process.
7 Benefits of Healthcare Workforce Management Solutions
1. Saving time. From the candidate search to contact processing, our web-based workforce management solutions automate every step of the staffing process. That means that you and your staff no longer need to put in the time it takes to find and screen qualified candidates.
2. Simplifying your administrative processes. Because all aspects of your invoicing, billing and contracting are consolidated into a simple, easily managed account — all payable as a single invoice—what was once a complex series of tasks is transformed into a single, easy-to-monitor line item.
3. Lowering your expenses. The efficiency that comes with these automated processes — and the less amount of labor required from your on-site staff — promotes the kind of resource optimization that leads to cost savings. It also saves you the expense of the labor it takes to screen and onboard candidates.
4. Ensuring access to qualified candidates. Our scheduling and compliance processes are fine-tuned to ensure that your facility is staffing the most qualified personnel to meet your specific needs, all ensured to be fully compliant with applicable requirements. And this applies not just to nurses, therapists and other clinicians, but also any managers, HR personnel or even executives that you may need.
5. Updating your staffing strategy. With healthcare workforce management, you get not only the staff required to fill your immediate openings, but also a means of predicting what you’ll need well into the foreseeable future. That means you can eliminate obsolete or redundant positions based on patient demand, opening up the capacity to fill other roles as needed.
6. Increasing your fill rates. Your chances of finding the right professional for the job are improved with access to our sub-networks of more than 400 vendors. This allows for multiple candidate submissions at competitive rates while helping to ensure that your search extends to all available sources.
7. Improving your control and oversight of staffing. From procurement to billing, healthcare workforce management lets you fully monitor and measure every step of the staffing process — most likely to an extent you’re not currently achieving. Everything related to staffing is viewable at a glance via regularly provided reports, and automatic alerts let you know if anything requires your immediate attention.
Ready to Get Started with Healthcare Workforce Management?
If you’re ready to learn more about how healthcare workforce management solutions can help you solve the challenges of clinical staffing, we’re standing by to answer any questions you may have. Remember, not all solutions are created equal, and it’s important to find the service that’s most likely to achieve all of the above — and then some.
Let’s talk about how we can help you enjoy all the benefits listed above while meeting the serious challenge of clinical staffing in today’s competitive healthcare environment: Contact us here to schedule a complimentary consultation with a CareerStaff specialist.