Happy National Hospital Week 2020 from CareerStaff Unlimited! Please join us in celebrating ‘A Week of Thanks’ and promoting the amazing work that the country’s hospitals are doing during this difficult time.
From May 10 to 16, the United States traditionally pays tribute to the many hospital teams working hard to keep people healthy. And we’re throwing in our hat to say “thanks” to all the hospitals and everyone working in them, from nurses and doctors to the administrators and leaders who keep everything running.
Just as with the overlapping Nurses Week, National Hospital Week 2020 comes at a somber time for America’s hospitals. Since early in the year, many of the nation’s healthcare providers have been working overtime amid difficult conditions to help meet the unprecedented challenge of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“National Hospital Week 2020 highlights the adage of every hospital, health system and person involved in keeping our communities healthy – that health comes first,” according to the official 2020 National Hospital Week website announcement from the American Hospital Association (AHA).
“Now more than ever, this important week gives us all the opportunity to highlight our hospitals, health systems and health care workers and the innovative ways they are supporting the needs of their community members during this pandemic,” the AHA announcement adds.
“With that in mind, this year’s celebration of hospitals, health systems and health care workers is taking the form of ‘A Week of Thanks,’ where people can participate from the safety and comfort of their homes while health care heroes go to work fighting against COVID-19.”
National Hospital Week 2020:Summing Up ‘A Week of Thanks’
Of course, the social distancing measures in effect because of COVID-19 will preclude most of the normal National Hospital Week events like parades and banquets. But there are other ways we can show your support to the nation’s hospitals and one another, via a unique digital campaign from the AHA (who encourages everyone to use #HospitalWeek in posts):
- Sunday Sales: a highlight of all the food, transportation and other discounts and specials on offer to healthcare workers on the COVID-19 front lines
- Send-a-Meal Monday: a chance for community members to provide a meal to a local healthcare hero and/or their family
- Tune In Tuesday: a campaign to share clips of health workers against “a motivational or positive Spotify playlist” (or any appropriate music)
- #WednesdayWisdom: a social media-based campaign to share a message of positivity, funny meme, inspirational quote or “simple thank you to front-line caregivers”
- Thank You Thursday: a campaign to share positive photos of art thanking COVID-19 caregivers
- Face Mask Friday: using the hashtag #100millionmasks, this is the chance to help connect personal protective equipment (PPE) to the clinicians who need it
- Share the Love Saturday: Show your Support by Donating to Protect the Heroes
Showing Appreciation for National Hospital Week 2020
We’re honored to be the preferred choice for healthcare staffing for so many hospitals across the U.S., and we’d like to offer a heartfelt thank you to everyone working to keep these important facilities running.
We’re also proud to help the nation’s hospitals continue to meet the need for nurses and other healthcare professionals to provide consistent, high-quality patient care. Contact us today to discover how we can help you tackle the full burden of staffing, recruitment, scheduling, administration, management, benefits procurement, and much more.